Followers

Thursday 27 October 2011

Foundation Routine ♥ Combination/Oily Skin w. Acne Scarring

Hello everyone, hope your all doing well. I'm so excited to have finally found a foundation routine that is really working well for me! I am someone with a lot of acne scarring, so I personally prefer a full coverage foundation routine. My t-zone does tend to get shiny during the day, so I tend to go for products that have mattifying and oil control properties. I would say these products would work well for anyone with combination/oily skin. Enjoy!


My foundation routine, in order of how I use them, consists of; 
1 - Urban Decay De  Slick Oil Control Setting Spray ($29.00)
I don't use this setting spray every time I do my makeup, I use it more when I know I have a long day ahead of me and I really need my foundation to last. I wouldn't say it's a 'miracle product' but I would say it does have oil control properties and it does make a difference. Not 100% sure I'll be repurchasing this, but I am happy with it. 

2 - Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation ($48.00) in shade Linen
This foundation is truly amazing and is something I will definitely repurchase again. It is a bit pricey at almost $50.00, but for me it is worth it. What I look for in a foundation is: full coverage, good longevity and blendability, and relatively matte finish. This foundation ticks all the boxes. I also love that it eliminates the need for concealer. The only con is that this foundation can be a bit drying, and does have the potential to accentuate dry skin, so I make sure to exfoliate and moisturize well and that solves the problem. I have this in the shade Linen, which is quite light and has a yellow undertone. 


*mixed with*

3 - Makeup Forever HD foundation ($40.00) in shade 115 Ivory. 
Because the Estee Lauder foundation I have is a touch drying and a touch to yellow for me, I mix in about 1-2 pumps of Makeup Forever HD foundation, which I purposely bought in Ivory, which is a touch to light and pink toned for me on it's own. I couldn't use this on it's own, it dosn't have enough longevity for me personally. Mixed with my EL foundation in Linen, it creates the perfect shade and consistency for me. I would repurchase this again. 

4 - L'oreal Touche Magique Highlighting Concealer ($12.00) in Ivory Beige
I use this under my eyes to brighten up the area. I apply this after foundation and before powder. I really enjoy this, it blends well into my foundation and dosn't look cakey during the day. I would repurchase. 

5 - Makeup Forever Duo Mat powder  ($32.00) in 201 Ivory
I am in LOVE with this product! Shock horror, a mattyfing powder that actually keeps me matte! This powder applies beautifully over foundation, completely evens everything out, can be reapplied throughout the day and never look cakey. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I will definitely be repurchasing this! 



6 - Revlon Photoready finishing powder ($16.00)
I use this at the end of my routine, after foundation, blush and bronzer. I use a minimal amount, and dust it all over. I find that this helps to blend the blush and bronzer together a bit more. This is also good for throwing in your purse because it is translucent, so it won't change the colors of the makeup you already have on if you wanted to touch up with this later on in the day to take away some shine. 

I hope this was helpful, if you have any questions or comments just leave them below. 


2 comments:

Ashii said...

A very great & insightful post. I have dry/ dehydrated & acne prone skin & I have been meaning to post my routine for a while, even though I tweak it all the time haha.

Allan said...

for your Find the right treatment Acne Scar Treatment Delhi

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...