Followers

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil Review - My thoughts x


I've been using this product daily for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. I purchased this from Sephora, where it is listed at $31.00 Canadian. I have tried two other cleansing oils prior to this one, which were Dermalogica's Precleanse and the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil. The Boscia one has become my favorite of the three, with Precleanse coming in at second and the Josie Maran one at third. 


I love cleansing oils because they make makeup removal quick yet thorough. I used to dread taking my makeup off at night, spending a good half hour fighting with makeup wipes and cotton pads. Now it takes me minutes to fully cleanse my face, which is such a relief, especially when I'm super tiered and want nothing more than to hit the bed. 

This product claims to "dissolve impurities and makeup, while decongesting pores without leaving an oily residue." It contains peppermint, eucalyptus, rose hip, green tea and golden palm oils. This product does a great job of getting your makeup off, but I would still recommend cleansing with a normal cleanser afterwards, just to make sure.

How do I use it? Massage the oil onto a DRY made up face and massage it about for a minute or two. I do this right before hopping to the shower, but you could do this standing at the sink. Wet your hands and continue to massage your face. Your makeup will literally slide off with no resistance. This product removes EVERYTHING, including eyeliner, mascara and full coverage foundation. I do cleanse my face with a normal cleanser afterwards, just to make sure I've thoroughly removed all traces of makeup.

Why is it my favorite cleansing oil? It really goes to show that the more expensive products aren't always superior, as both the Dermalogica precleanse and Josie Maran Argan Cleansing oil's are more expensive than the Boscia cleanser. I used Precleanse for about a year before trying another cleansing oil, and I was very happy with it and repurchased several times. However it didn't leave my skin feeling as thoroughly cleansed as the Boscia cleanser does. The Josie Maran cleanser is a good product, but the consistency is much thicker than both the Boscia and Dermalogica cleansing oils, which can make it a little difficult to properly massage it about. In fact I often had to add a bit of precleanse onto my face, just to help make it more slippery. Also if you get it anywhere near your mouth there is a rather unpleasant lingering taste. I also felt that it didn't do as thorough a job as the Bosica one does. 

The Bosica cleansing oil is superior in that the consistency is perfect, it removes ALL traces of makeup, including the most stubborn mascara, and leaves the skin feeling cleansed and balanced. It hasn't irritated my skin at all, and it has a pleasant minty scent to it. Best of all it's cheaper than many of the other oils out there, and yet it does perform better, at least in my opinion. I just want to point out that I have combination-oily skin, so what works for me may work differently for you if you have a different skintype. However this product claims to work for ALL skintypes, as most cleansing oils do. All in all, I'm in love and will repurchase when I run out. 

Questions, requests, comments? Leave a comment I will reply :)
Thanks so much for reading x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...