Followers

Monday 13 February 2012

Review: La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser

Heyy everyone, I hope your all doing well.I want to do a quick review on an amazing and affordable cleanser that I've been enjoying the past month. I got this as a sample size in a set along with the Effaclar Daily Mattifying Moisturizer several months ago, and for some reason never really bothered with the cleanser. It sat, patiently waiting to prove itself, at the back of my skincare drawer. At the beginning of January I finished off my pricey salon brand cleanser and went searching through my collection for a cleanser I could use until I purchased a new one. I began using the La Roche Posay cleanser and haven't even considered repurchasing the salon cleanser, and instead went and bought myself a full size version of the La Roche Posay cleanser. 

Effaclar Gel

 Who is it for ?: People with sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. (Which is what I have.)
The Consistency ?: This comes out as a clear gel, and with just a pea sized amount I get a really good lather that covers my entire face and neck. 
The result ?: After double cleansing with this product my skin feels cleansed and extremely soft to the touch with absolutely no makeup residue. If you like that squeaky clean but not tight feeling only a foaming cleanser can give, then you will love this product. 
Can I use this with my Clarisonic ?: Yes! I've been using this with my Clarisonic and have had amazing results. 
The Price ?: I bought this in a 200 ml tube for $21.00 Canadian. 
Would I repurchase ?: YES ! 

I hope you enjoyed this review, if you have any questions just leave them in the comments. 

3 comments:

Abby said...

Ohh this looks really good. I've been thinking about buying a Clarisonic and was wondering what Cleanser to use as I have quite Sensitive skin but this looks great :) thanks!

I'm having a Mac Giveaway check it out if you like http://beautyandablogger.blogspot.com/ xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning the price. In Canadian Shoppers Drug Marts, for whatever reason, they won't tell you the price unless you bring it up to the cashier and ask.

You included "acne-prone" in the target demographic for this product. That would be me as well. But through further research, I don't notice any acne-specific chemical fighters in this gel, such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
Would you say this had a hand in clearing up acne at all? I've also heard it's extremely gentle, and I might actually prefer something with a bit more of a kick to it.

Thanks! :)

ι Ɩυν мαкєυρ said...

@Anonymous - Thanks for your comment ! That's odd, every Shoppers I've been to have the prices listed for every product. I would definitely say this cleanser is for acne prone skin even if it dosn't have salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide. My skin has improved since using this and I am very acne-prone. I feel like this cleanser calms my skin down and balances it. I always double cleanse as well and this makes a huge difference.

Let me know if you try it and how you like it !

Thanks <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...