Followers

Monday 26 September 2011

September 2011 Products of the Month (Bioderma, Bosica, Quo, etc ...) - Just a few things I've been loving xxx

I honestly can't believe September is almost over - time is flying ! There have been several products that have really stood out to me over the past few weeks and I just thought I'd share them. 


Starting with skincare, I have been in love with Bioderma's Solution Micellaire, which is bascially a makeup remover/cleanser suited for sensitive skin. It is very gentle yet very thorough.There are two variations of this product, one which is suited for more sensitive skins (in the red bottle) and one suited for combination/oily skin. I have tried both and to be honest I haven't noticed a massive difference between the two. The one for oily skin may be slightly more astringent, but over all they do exactly the same thing. These retail for about 18-20$ at my local drugstore (Shoppers Drug Mart), which isn't to bad. Highly recommended ! 



I've recently purchased the Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil, and I am very impressed. I have tried two other cleansing oil's (Dermalogica PreCleanse and Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil) and this is quickly becoming my favorite of the three. In comparison to the Josie Maran cleanser, the Bosica cleanser's consistency is smoother and more slippery.  
You apply this to a dry made up face, massage it about for a few minutes, then hop in the shower and your makeup literally slides off. I used to dread having to remove my makeup at night, but this makes it so easy. This product claims to "dissolve impurities and makeup, while decongesting pores without leaving an oily residue." It contains peppermint, eucalyptus, rose hip, green tea and golden palm oils. This product does a great job of getting your makeup off, but I would still recommend cleansing with a normal cleanser afterwards, just to make sure. This product was 31$ Canadian at Sephora (cheaper than the other two oils I listed above!). I would definitely repurchase. 


Moving onto makeup, Shoppers Drug Mart has come out with the most beautiful collection for fall. The packaging is gorgeous, everything comes in very eco-friendly looking bamboo packaging with very elegant designs both on the packaging and imprinted on the makeup itself. 


I purchased two items from the collection, an eyeshadow duo and a blush duo. Neither of these products have a specific name as far as I can see, but the eyeshadow duo is a lovely taupe/bronze combination, while one blush is a beautiful bronzed peach and the other is a bronzed mauve. I would say these can be used as a sort of blush/bronzer combination. Both the eyeshadows and the blushes have some shimmer to them, and they are very nicely pigmented. The blush duo was about 18$ and the eyeshadow duo was about 14$. If you live in Canada than I highly recommend these products they are stunning !







Another cheek product I've recently discovered has been on the market for years and I can't believe I've never tried them before. I have recently purchased two of the Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzers, in shades Sun Glow and Glistening Sun. I use these not only to give my cheeks a bit of warmth but also as eye shadow bases when I'm using a bronze shadow (I use these over my Urban Decay Primer Potion) Glistening Sun is a little bit more of an 'orangey' bronze, while Sun Glow is darker and more neutral. I got these at Wal-Mart for less than ten dollars each. 





Two other cheek face products I've been loving have been Hard Candy's Fox in a Box in Spicy and Sweet, as well as Bourjois Delice de Poudre (better known as the chocolate bronzer). 





The packaging is very cute, the blush comes in a little cardboard box. It isn't the sturdiest of packaging but the quality is pretty good. This was super cheap at about 5$ from Wal-Mart, and the quality of the blush is amazing. It is very pigmented, so you hardly need anything to get a lovely pink glow to your cheeks. I will definitely be repurchasing this! 


The chocolate bronzer is a product I've just come across this month at Shoppers Drug Mart. It was about 28$ with tax, but I think it was worth it. I got this in shade 51, which was the only one available. First of all the smell is amazing! This a matte bronzer that would be suitable for fair to fair-medium skintones. Used very lightly it gives the face a healthy bit of warmth, but of course you could use it to contour or however you like. I've really been enjoying using this bronzer, I think it's adorable the way it looks like a little bar of chocolate. Highly recommended. 






And last but not least are two lipsticks I've been loving, both by Rimmel. They are in shades Pink Blush and Nostalgia and they are stunning! Pink blush is a lovely true pink while Nostalgia is a bright coral. Both of these are very moisturizing and wear well and so inexpensive at about 4$ or 5$ each. Pink Blush goes especially well with the Hard Candy blush mentioned above. 



 (Top: Nostalgia, Bottom: Pink Blush) 

So there are several products that have really stood out to me over the past few weeks. I really hope you enjoyed it, please comment and follow x (Sorry if the pictures were a little dark, it's been raining all day and I couldn't seem to find any good lighting) 

Have a great day xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...