Followers

Sunday 25 September 2011

Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation (Shades Linen and Pebble) Ideal for Oily/Combination Skintypes - My Review x


I firmly believe that foundation is the one product you want to splurge on, because it is quite literally the foundation for the rest of your makeup. It's what is sitting on your skin for a good part of the day, therefore you want to make sure that the foundation your using is right for you and your specific skin type. 

I'll start by explaining a little bit about my skin and the coverage I require. I have been suffering from cystic acne for the past 3 years, and I have quite a few scars and a lot of redness that I prefer to cover. This foundation successfully covers EVERYTHING I want it too. It is a thick, full coverage foundation with very good longevity. It has an SPF of 10, which is pretty good but you should still be wearing an SPF under it. It is listed at 35$ Canadian on the Estee Lauder website. 

What does Estee Lauder claim it does ? 

15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.

This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, 
nonstop activity. 

Won't change color, smudge or come off on clothes. 

Feels lightweight and comfortable.



I have this foundation in 2 shades, Linen (right) and Pebble (left). I have also tried the foundation in Ecru, but I found that to be far to light and pinkish for my skin tone. Linen is a fairly good match though it is slightly to yellow for me. I like to mix in 1 pump of Makeup Forever HD foundation in 115, just to help neutralize it. Pebble is way to dark for me to use it just on it's own, but i'll use it mixed with another foundation if I have any fake tan on. 

Right - Pebble, Left - Linen

Below I've swatched Linen (right) and Pebble (left). You can see how dark Pebble is compared to Linen. Keep in mind that your face is usually lighter than your neck. 



I've been using this foundation for about 2 months now and I am happy with it. Of course there are a few small aspects I dislike, such as it's tendency to look a bit cakey if not carefully applied carefully and maintained during the day, but overall it is a very good foundation if your looking for full coverage. I would recommend it xxx 


Check out the Estee Lauder website for info and shades;
http://www.esteelauder.com/product/643/3894/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Face/Foundations/Double-Wear/Stay-in-Place-Makeup-SPF-10/index.tmpl


Thanks for reading, please comment and follow xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...